What is a DSP (Direct Support Professional)?
Provides active treatment training and support services to individual with disabilities served by StoneyBrooke Residential Services in a residential setting. Active treatment training and support services are provided in compliance with the Individual Support Plan, Behavioral Service Plan, and through duties assigned to assure the delivery of necessary support services. At all times comply with licensing and/or contract treatment requirement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and asset the individuals in developing skills that will further their independence, increase their community involvement, and improve their quality of life
- Provide services and supports as identified in each assigned person’s Individual Service Plan
- Administer and document medications according to agency and DHS policies
- Prepare, or assist the individuals in preparing, family style meals
- Assist with any other task/duties that need accomplish for the individuals or house upkeep